Breakthrough bleeding, spotting red and brown, taking Tri-Sprintec, do not want to stop pills
Thanks for your query here.
Tri Sprintec is a triphasic pill which can give rise to irregular menses. You cannot stop these spotting immediately. There is rise and lows of hormones in the body for sometime and thus you find these harmless side effects. You would notice such things in the user manual. The pills have rising concentration of oestrogen and progesterone hormones. It is recommended to follow what is written on the blister pack. You would have such bleeds otherwise. It is just that you are saved with the first pack.
You can continue taking the drug with a week's interval or till you get your period.
Start from first day of the cycle for 21 days. If you forget to take one tablet , take two next day.
If you forget two then there are chances of failure. You should see your doctor who can suggest you the best way to remain protected. The protection is effective if you take at the sametime of the day.
Hope I answered your query. If you have further questions please respond here I will be able to help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to stop breakthrough bleeding
- Utovlan to stop breakthrough bleeding
- Breakthrough bleeding on the pill
- Breakthrough bleeding not on pill
- How to stop breakthrough bleeding on levest
- Stop breakthrough bleeding cerazette vitamin
- Breakthrough bleeding with sprintec
- Breakthrough bleeding brown clots
- Do hemostan stop breakthrough bleeding or spotting
- Breakthrough bleeding that starts brown then red
- Controlled diabetes, irregular periods, miscarriage previously, spotting...
- Why is it extremely painful when i pass urine?
- 28 weeks pregnant, fragile x, mental retardation, ovarian failure,...
- Bloating, gas, incomplete evacuation, anal pressure. Treatment ?
- Is it normal to have light brown discharge in urine during 5 1/2 weeks...
- Missed abortion, ecosprin, wysolone, second pregnancy. Benefits and side...
- What does" Sub chronic bleed pole measurement - 13X4 MM" mean and how...
- Does Depakote ER have any side effect on pregnancy ?
- What are the brown spots seen after embryo transfer?
- Does polycystic ovarian syndrome cause pain, hot flashes, nausea and...