Blurred vision, pain & dry eyes,flashing lights in eye, menopausal & history of migraines, glaucoma suspect, using lotemax. What?
Thanks for the query.
Your symptoms are in line with the diagnosis of Glaucoma and you are also receiving the right treatment for the same.
Even if the pressures are within the normal range, there is an entity called normal pressure glaucoma which can come across with similar symptoms. What I would like to add at this point is without seeing the optic nerve through a slit lamp examination, I cannot come to a definite diagnosis.
The differential diagnosis for this would be normopressure Hydrocephalus. I strongly advice you to undergo a CT brain to rule it out and XXXXXXX a Neurologist.
Continue your medications and since your visit is more than 15 days away and you are facing visual problems please pre pone it. Also I would recommend you to abstain from driving for a while. It is not safe to drive with blurred vision.
I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.
Thank you for writing back.
Yes corneal edema can be one of the causes but it is not very common and other good point against it is that corneal edema most often due to either infection or inflammation is unilateral but what you are suffering from is bilateral.
Please accept my answer if you do not have any more queries.
Wishing you speedy recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Occipital migraine blurred vision
- Waking eye pain and blurred vision
- Blurred vision after migraine
- Silent migraine blurred vision
- Are sensitive to light and blurred vision signs of migraine
- Migraine blurred vision
- Dry eye symptoms blurred vision
- Blurred vision after working on computer no history of migraine
- What causes pain in headear and eyes with blurred vision
- Dry eyes blurred vision headache
- Blood test showing abnormal WBCs, neutrophils, lymphocytes, alkaline...
- Sperm test found to have very severe oligoteratozoo with severe...
- Pain in back. Is cold the cause & what medication?
- Advised for gall bladder, hydrosil and prostrate gland enlargement...
- Dizziness, pressure in ears and noise while swallowing after child...
- Blurred vision, pain & dry eyes,flashing lights in eye, menopausal &...
- Old and out of shape. Heart rate races after strenuous exercise. Use a...
- My urine really stinks. Why would this happen?
- Pain in the head, pulsing sound in ears, back pain. Serious issue?
- Sore and achy around heart. Fluctuates throughout the day. Why would...