Can Lisinopril cause speech problems and deliriousness?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 22 May 2018 in Elderly Problems
Question: my husband, 75, still working, engineer, takes lisinopril and various glaucoma eyedrops has been having episodes of not being able to make himself understood, speech not garble, but making no sense. Always at night, next morning perfectly OK> Lastnight while grilling a steak he came in upset, said he saw a computer with a great deal of information he did not need or want. He "shut it off" by hitting the "delete button" I question him extensively about it, a don' t believe he was rational in what his responses where. Paranoid in fact. This morning he is perfectly fine, but I tried to make appointment with our Dr. he is booked for a month. I don't know what to do next.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
How often has this occurred?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about what happened. I will suggest you observe to see if this repeats itself. If it does, at that time he would need to be evaluated by first his primary care physician and then a neurologist if need be. Basing our actions solely on this single event would not provide much infection for us to analyse and make meaningful decisions at this time.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.