Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Bleeding after painful intercourse. Could I have cervical or vaginal cancer?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1462 Questions
I bleed a bit after painful intercourse. It is painful and I was exposed to DES and I am post menopausal age 60 Could I have cervical or vaginal cancer. As far as I know I have not had an abnormal pap teat.
Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Should get evaluated Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. Bleeding after intercourse is suspicious for cervical cancer. However, age related atrophy of vagina may also cause this. A normal pap smear does not rule out cervical cancer. You should get evaluated by a gynecologist so that any obvious lesion is not missed. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further followup queries, if any.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Oncologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor