Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Arthritis in the joints just above the thumb. Will voltaren emugel help?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1997
Answered : 150 Questions
I have arthritis in the joints just above the thumbs. I have tried: Myonatural, Biofreeze, Myoflex, Dr. Sheffield's Muscle rub and Rub-A535. Non has really helped. My Dr. just gave me samples of Voltaren Emugel to try. Should I expect better results from this product than the products I've listed? Do you represent any of these companies....or will I get an honest and informed answer?
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Moustafa Saeed 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Honest answer Detailed Answer: Hi, thank you for your question. Topical treatment for arthritis which you have been using can help but they are not as strong as systemic treatment like tablets. I will recommend tablets treatment such as paracetamol, codein, ibuprofen or voltaren tablets. The exact dose and combination of the above tablets depends on your other medical conditions and age, and if you have contraindication to any of the above drugs. Wish you speedy recovery
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor