Are persistent abdominal swelling, acid reflux and low BP signs of histaminosis?

Posted on Tue, 12 Apr 2016 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: After many years of being just not right, but never really ill and disappointing doctor visits, I found out that the most possible explanation for all my little symptoms are most likely Histaminosis. I have my remaining teeth removed beginning of next month and hope that many of my symptoms will disappear.
I have a swollen tummy since 1 year with burping, regurgitating and reflux
I have an allergic reaction every morning since 40 years with sneezing and feeling stuffed in the head
I had stomach problems since childhood and certain food allergies like to fruits and onions
My teeth were always bad and I often have abscesses
I had a hip replacement and was diagnosed with arthritis, but think I have a slipped disc in the lower spine and Sciatica
I feel often tired and have no energy and don't go out anymore. Had always the symptoms of a slow metabolism and low blood pressure, but blood tests never revealed anything abnormal
I want to know what is the best remedy for Histaminosis, or is there a chance that all my symptoms will disappear after I have my teeth extracted.
I don't take any chemical medication, only herbal remedies
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
The condition is hard to treat

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Health care magic.

I am

Histaminosis (Histamine Intolerance) is characterized as the inability for the body to break down the histamine. This decreased ability to break down histamine may be related to a deficiency in an enzyme called diamine oxidase (DAO). It is difficult to treat.

Treatment can be done using N-Acetylcysteine NAC. Hard to comment about herbal medicine for this condition.

Going through the following links should help.
http://www.yyyyyyyyyyyy.ch/en/tyyyyyyyyy.html
http://www.yyyyyyyy.org/doi/full/10.1056/0000000000#t=article

I'm afraid but Dental extraction will not resolve your problems.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician