Are additional HIV tests required despite negative test results?

Dr. Suma Parinam

Posted on Fri, 20 Apr 2018 in HIV and AIDS
Question: After exposure of 9 days my rna pcr test nagative . Can I relax and no need to onther test. Which girl sex with me his hiv 1/2 & p24 combo test nagtive after 28 day . So Can I no need to anthor hiv test
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need if she has no exposure with anyone else

Detailed Answer:

It is always risky to involve with sex workers. I believe if a girl has a prior sexual experience with others and tested negative would definitely be promiscuous in future.
If you confirm she is involved only with you and no one else you don't have to worry about HIV.
So you don't need further tests.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Suma Parinam 15 minutes later
I don’t know her previous status so I am worry my 9 days pcr rna nagtive test conclusive I test her after exposure of 28 days hiv 1/2 combo test these test also nagtive so i fell comfortable or I need anthor test
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get ELISA at 30 days

Detailed Answer:

You can retest with ELISA for HIV in 30 days after exposure to be very sure.
Else you can repeat PCR RNA after one more week.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Suma Parinam 1 hour later
Hello man I call her to know her pervious status she saw me she had no sex with anybody before 30 days with me so her combo test nagtive approximate 30+28 = 58 . So it means she have no hiv Can I relaxe and no need to test me again
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes relax

Detailed Answer:
Yes it's looks clean with her reports. According to reports she shared with you she is clean. In that way you can relax.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj