Are Orni O and Fungicide safe to take during pregnancy?

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 10 Sep 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: During 13 weeks of pregnancy, blood test shows VDRL non reactive and HBsAg, Anti HCV, HIV 1 & 2 negative..Urine routine shows pus cells 5 to 6 HPF, epithelial cells 8 - 10.. Having occasional irritation while passing urine and also itching.. But doctor have advised both (partner also) to take orni o and fungicide twice a day.. Too scared to take those tablets as it tells it is harmful for the fetus..I would like to know what the blood report says whether there is any venereal disease? or chance to get one? If untreated what will be the side effects? Is there any other tests to confirm before taking tablets? Is there any other medication that is safe to take during pregnancy for this condition?
Answered by Dr. Soumya 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No risk of veneral diseases

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns.

You don't have veneral disease and there is absolutely no chance of contracting veneral disease as per your blood test reports.

There is no need to take these tablets orni O and fungicide.

If irritation is occasional don't take these medicines.

If burning or irritation increases please get urine culture and sensitivity test done to identify the organism causing infection.

Let me know if you need anymore help.

Follow up: Dr. Soumya 32 minutes later
Thanks for answering.. Im relieved.. I'm using Vwash and candid B ointment. Will do urine culture if needed.Thanks a lot..
Answered by Dr. Soumya 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Wish you healthy pregnancy

Detailed Answer:

In future you can directly contact me to ask questions by pasting following link in your browser:

http://bit.ly/askdrsoumya