Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Accidentally took kombiglyze XR and glimepiride. Any complication?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1966
Answered : 4506 Questions
I accidentally took my husbands medication (it was late and i grabbed the wrong pill container) So i took 2 pills of Kombiglyze XR 2.5/1MG and 1pill of Glimepiride 2MG. Is there anything i should worry about with this accident?
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 13 minutes later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Go to the ER...
There could be a real danger of your blood sugar level falling to XXXXXXX levels.
You need observation for at least the next 24 hours - preferably in the hospital setting / glucose should be monitored frequently.../ Confusion, sweating, fast heart rate are all warning signs...
Eat as much as possible / as often as possible for one day...
Rarely, allergy / pancreatitis have been reported...

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Accidentally took kombiglyze XR and glimepiride. Any complication? 3 minutes later
If i'm not experiencing any of those symptoms do you believe I still need the ER, or could i monitor myself and go to the ER only if symptoms arise?
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 8 minutes later
It takes time for symptoms to manifest.../ about half an hour to start, a few hours to peak / several hours to be washed off.

You can not monitor yourself - say mental confusion from low sugar.../
You need an alert attendant / quick transport and so on...

ER is safer and better / they may even try stomach wash to get it out, if recent...

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor