25 years old. Is there any possibility to increase height? How to control dandruff and hair fall?

Dr. Kruti

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 11 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi I am in mid 25 years of age my height is 5'7" is there any possibility to increase it to atleast by any means to increase another 1-2 inch extra, along with that I have hair related problem of plenty of dandruff & hairfall Are these related to eachother ? Kindly Answer me sir
Answered by Dr. Kruti 12 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

I will be glad to be of assistance and will try to answer all your queries till you get a satisfactory answer.

For dandruff I would recommend Nizoral shampoo which contains ketoconazole and had to be used for hair wash twice a week for two weeks.

Hair fall and dandruff are not directly related and you may be experiencing hair fall due to many other causes.

I would recommend that you take supplements of vitamin biotin which promotes healthy hair . You can take one tablet per day.
Hope that helps
Let me know if you have any other concerns

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli
Follow up: Dr. Kruti 21 hours later
What about my body growth interms of height is concerned Is there any chance of further increase in height atleast 1-2 inches by any means ? plz guide me for any supplimentary medicines or exercise or yoga or anything.
Answered by Dr. Kruti 47 minutes later
Hello
Thanks for your reply.

Usually height is determined genetically, however you can try back stretching exercises. It may not definitely increase the height but it can be safely tried.

I don't recommend any supplementary medicines for it.