Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

25 years old. Addicted to adderall. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Neurologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 173 Questions
Hi I'm a 25 year old female that has struggled with adderall addiction and have been to rehab and immediately relapsed what should I do
Posted Sat, 20 Oct 2012 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 3 hours later

I strongly feel that key to a good rehab program is psychological support; here the role of psychologist is very important in addition to good medical de-addiction.

I think you should regularly visit a psychologist for increasing motivation levels then start medical rehab.

Do let me know if you have more concerns.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: 25 years old. Addicted to adderall. What should I do? 6 hours later
I don't know what kind of rehab would be the best for me. I have been to a psychologist and was referred to a psychiatrist for ADHD and anxiety and prescribed both the adderall and Xanax. Honestly, I wish I had never gone bc I am so addicted to these meds and have ruined my life. My husband knowing my addiction and now goes to several doctors and prescribed the highest prescription amounts possible by walk in family doctors in less than a 5 min appointment and is able to force me do be his sex slave for the amount I need to be able to function. I know that the doctors providing him these crazy addictive drugs so easily does not mean all doctors are bad, but I am very worried to go to any mental health doctor or facility after my experiences. I had a very normal happy life and did not have any kind of disorder I fear they will want to start medicating me for and do not think that my addiction to these drugs are a disease but simply an addiction to addictive medication. The last rehab I went to kept me on the adderall and Xanax and weened me down to the prescribed amount. Should I try to get out of town and detox myself and just start over or do u have any suggestions
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 2 hours later
I think your problem is serious and addiction is serious too . I think you should urgently consult psychiatrist for rehab and deaddiction.
Dr Vineet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor