Severe shoulder pain in morning, gets numb and hurts during workout. Taken anti-inflammatory and steroid injection

I have a pain in my upper left shoulder/back. This has been ongoing for about 1 1/2 years now. I feel it most in the mornings just after waking up and it lessens during the day. But if I do anything that stresses the upperback area it starts hurting again. Sometimes if I really workout that area it goes numb. The doctor I met said it was a pulling of the muscles in the scapular region. I have taken anti-inflammatory drugs, had a steroid injection and also ultra sound therapy .
Asked On : Wed, 6 Jun 2012