Had pain going up back of neck, took ibuprofen and have pain sensation moving to ear. Did US

Wow! Thank you.
Had an ultra sound of my carotids @ 8:00 am yesterday. About 11:30 am (after working in the I yard) I had pain going up the back of my neck on the right side. I came into the house thinking I must have pinched a nerve to take an Ibuprofen (200mg). The pain moved continued in my neck but quickly also moved to my ear giving the sensation of an earache. Upon going to bed about 10 pm I realized I was't comfortable laying on my pillow on my right side. Moved to my left side. WHAT DO YOU THINK IS HAPPENING? XXXXXXX

Posted Fri, 4 Oct 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not specific to any lifethreatening condition

Detailed Answer:

I read through the symptoms with diligence and hope to give you better opinion.

Since the previous day's reports were perfect we should consider this incident as non lifethreatening. Let me assure you on that.

Coming to the present symptoms it looks like a muscle pull esp sternomastoid which is commonly noticed after a day's or while at work in the yard. Such pull can refer to as an ear ache. It should subside on its own, you can take the help of ice pack or hot pack over the right side of the neck.

On the safer side watch out for the following, in case you have them please reach the ER soon:
reeling / dizziness
intense sweating
Shortness of breath
not able to walk or do routine activities without gasping

Hope this helps.