Got hit in temple area, pain went with Motrin. No symptoms but fatigue. Suggest?

Son got hit in temple area with a baseball. Laces XXXXXXX appears to be on upper cheekbone. Was wearing sunglasses. They were not broken. Pain went away with Motrin. No other symptoms but fatigue.
Posted Thu, 3 Oct 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern.

In this case it seems to be superficial impact in temporal region.

Any kind of trauma to head need to be monitored for at least 24hours

I suggest you to
-apply cold compresses over injured area
-give acetaminophen for pain releif if needed.
-observe him for warning signs of head injury that is vomiting,altered behavior,any abnormal movement,bleeding from ear or nose.

In case you observe any of them take him to ER.

Hope I have answeref your query,if you have any further question I would be glad to help.

Wishing your child good health..
God bless..