Sudden pain in breast, back and arm. How to get cured?

sudden pain in my right breast, with pain in back (running same location front to back) and down my arm. Occured 24 hours ago. thanks.
Posted Mon, 23 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 2 hours later
Given your history of carpal tunnel syndrome and the pain radiating from front to back and down the arm, it looks like a neurological pain due to pinched spinal nerve. If there is any additional symptom like chest pain, palpiation, left sided chest pain then we can suspect a heart condition. An EKG will help us to rule out cardiac conditions.
You need to get a MRI scan of the area and spine and a physical examination of the area.

I suggest you to apply cold compresses and take some anti inflammatory pain killers like ibuprofen(advil/motrin) or acetaminophen after prescription from your doctor. Give complete rest to the part and avoid doing any activity like raising your arms or stretching the arms which causes any further damage. Also avoid sleeping with the arm extended up behind the head.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.