Lump on vein next to hip, hurts to push on it

Hey I have a small lump on what feels like my vein next to my left hip, it hurts when I push on it
Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 29 minutes later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

What you may be feeling cold in fact be a small blood vessel. it is most likely that this is a vein rather than an artery.

Sometimes these blood vessels may become inflamed or irritated. This can certainly cause discomfort or pain.

In your case this may be just a temporary symptom you're dealing with. In order to help improve the symptoms there are a couple of suggestions I have for you.

First I would like you to try to take a warm bath once or twice per day for the next seven days. The warm water will help to soothe any inflamed areas. In addition you might also consider taking some ibuprofen which is a very good anti-inflammatory. I would recommend that you take 400 mg three times per day for five or six days.

If your symptoms are not any better or if they become worse than you might visit with your primary care physician for a focused consultation and detailed physical examination.

Thank you again for submitting your question. I hope I have provided you with some helpful information.

Dr. Robert