Is it safe to give nyquil to 10 year old?

Psychiatrist
Question
can I give my 10 year old that weighs 120 and is 5 foot 2 nyquil?
Posted Mon, 18 Feb 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 2 hours later
Hello........
Thanks for your query. Nyquil is a combination of acetaminophen (an aanlgesic), dextrometharphan (a cough suppressant) and doxylamine succinate (an antiallergic). It can be given as a cough-cold remedy. You can provide the medication safely to your child irrespective of the overweight condition. Hope you found the information useful.
Dr Sundar

Follow-up: Is it safe to give nyquil to 10 year old? 6 hours later
What should the dosage be? And she is not overweight, she is an athelete, swimmer, very muscular. Swims 5 days a week for 90 minutes.

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 3 minutes later
one pill if in capsule form or 1 teaspoon a day if in syrup form preferably before retiring to bed in the night as it might be sedating. You can continue for 3-5 days.
Dr Sundar

Follow-up: Is it safe to give nyquil to 10 year old? 3 minutes later
1teaspoon or 1tablespoon? The adult dose is 2 tablespoons or 2 pills.

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 1 minute later
Am sorry. I meant one table spoon. And it double the dosage for adults i.e 2 table spoons.
Dr Sundar