Having severe pain at the center of head. How to get relief?

Nov 2013

i have a sever pain at the center of my head and i can hear the throbbing sometimes it is giong to the lower right side of my head, this is the first time that i have this kind of pain it has been starting before five days ago it is really painfull. some help please
i dont know the cause
Posted Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later
Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that your symptoms do not suggest any serious underlying brain disease.

The most likely cause of your headache could be an acute migraine attack.

For pain relief, you can take diclofenac or ibuprofen tablets.

Please watch for the following warning symptom such as repeated vomiting, double vision, weakness of arm or leg. If you develop any of these, you may see a neurologist and get a CT scan of brain done.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Follow-up: Having severe pain at the center of head. How to get relief? 27 minutes later
how long it takes the pain to gone
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 18 minutes later
Thank you for getting back.

Once you start the medications (ibuprofen or diclofenac), your headache should subside in a day or two.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)