Having painful and itchy spots around anus. Worrisome

hi there am having spots around my anus,, its yellow on the top and was very ichy and now bit painful. What i remember i had diarrhea just before it was ichy. The Day before i had spicy food.
Am really worried and didnt see the doctor yet what should i do ,, Really need some answer
Posted Wed, 1 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 3 hours later
Thanks for using the XXXXXXX I am happy to address your question and the photo, there are a few possibilities. It may be that the skin is simply irritated from the infection of the diarrhea. It may also be a fungal infection of the skin in that area. Usually, this causes a lot of itching and often some red bumps as well. These can be treated with a topical anti-fungal medication. Possibility of foliculitis, inflammation of the hair follicles. If caused by bacteria, these bacteria can live harmlessly on many skin surfaces, especially around the genitals and anus. But when the skin is punctured or broken for any reason, staph bacteria can enter the wound and cause an infection. But most staph infections are caused by the species Staphylococcus aureus (S. aureus). It could spread by wiping or just hands touching. Sometimes the bumps go away on its own although doctors may prescribe antibiotics if found that it is caused by bacteria. If STD's are at all possible I would suggest you be tested for them. If the area isn't getting better over the next few days it would be a good idea to have it evaluated to see what is going on. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. Thanks