Have tension headaches, migraine, no family history of aneurysm. Worried about aneurysm

hello i wrote to u about it many times but i need more logical advices. i have been suffering from headaches fore more then a year. they r usually dull my head and neck feels very heavy, and its pulsating in the front even when i dont have a headache my head feels very heavy. i do suffer from anxiety and panick attacks so every time i hear or read something about aneurism i get a panick attack. the aneurism is the my main fear. mt doctor told me i have tension headache. i went to the doctor he did a cat scan of the brain and said no aneurisms, no tumors. they told me i have tension and migraine. but i still afraid every time i do have a headache i think its aneuris, i was prescribed medicine for migraine. now my family history nobody in my family had aneurism, i dont have any hereditary conditions, my blood pressure is 110/ 70, i dont smoke or drink. my cholestero level is 210 ldl 147, hdl, 49, try69 help again my panick is paralaising
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 20 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.

I completely understand the concern and anxiety you have regarding these headaches.

Let me reassure you at the same time that Aneurysms are extremely rare. The fact that you already had a CT scan performed is very reassuring that you in fact do not have one of these Aneurysms. CT scans are very very sensitive at picking this up and you should feel confident that there is no way you have an Aneurysm.

Headaches can be hard to treat as there are so many potential causes. Causes can range from elevated blood pressure, which you do not have, to allergies and sinusitis to migraine phenomenon which you referred to.

I encourage you to pay close attention to your diet to see if there are any foods which seem to trigger the migraine such as caffeine or chocolate or some other types of foods. Quite often this can explain many headaches.

Tension is a very common cause of headache and can be exacerbated by stress and anxiety. Try for some good stretching exercises as I am sure this will help to relieve the tension. Muscles in the neck can trigger tension headaches, if they are tight which is why I think stretching will help. Lastly yoga and meditation are good ways to work out the tension and can contribute to resolution of the headaches.

Thanks again for the query. I hope my answer has been helpful. Please let me know if there are any additional concerns.

Follow-up: Have tension headaches, migraine, no family history of aneurysm. Worried about aneurysm 2 hours later
thankk u for the answer the reason i am writing to a doctor online is because i have spend so much much money od procedures and appts that its getting out of hand. when i did cat scan i was told u dont have nothing, but then i was told if u really want to sure u do an mri. which cost alot. so why i was told i dont have nothing?i know my doctor orders alot of procedures for me just to assure me i am ok so that my anxiety level would go down. so u think that aneurism is rara? and u think having had negative scan is good. and as i said i dont have risk factors
i also wanted to say my parents dont have any kidney desease. my late grandma and my my grandpa had kidney stones not my parents. i do have some dull pain on the side left side and because of my anxiety i think is kidney desesae which leads to aneurisms. my last bllod work was done last month they ssaid my kidneys function were fine. and my blood pressure is fine
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 10 hours later
Hello again,

I know of no direct association of kidney disease with aneurysms. There are some rare genetic disorders which can be associated with aneurysms but I am sure this is not the case for you.

Again, please allow yourself to find comfort in my words of reassurance that you are in fact healthy without concern for an aneurysm. I know this is difficult for you but please trust me on this.

An MRI would really be a waste of resources and would be quite costly. I see no benefit in ordering this test.

Again I urge you to focus on exercise, meditation, yoga and good diet which will all slowly and surely help you feel more physically and mentally healthy.

Again I thank you for the query and hope you found some reassurance in my answer today. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Galamaga