Having lump under nipple. Noticed puffy nipples. Cause? Why is the skin thick in the lump area?

Dermatologist
Question
i have i lump under my nipple three month.(left).i can not feel when i press it from top but i feel hard lump when i squeeze.
the skin of the areola is thicken than right nipple.
there is three mastered size pimple in the areola and the lump feels under the pimple.
no discharge
no pain
some time the nipple are puffy
the lump has no shape different in different time.
its really worrying me about some thing serious.
I am male 28.

why the skin are thick on the lumpy nipple.?
why is does not feel when i press and why it feels when i squeeze .?

Posted Wed, 26 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 51 minutes later

Thanks for query.

It seems that you are having unilateral gynaecomastia.

Gynaecomastia, a benign enlargement of the male breast as a result of proliferation of the glandular component.

It is common, being present in about 30-50% of healthy men.

You consult general surgeon.

He will take general medical history and will do careful physical examination.

If the gynaecomastia is of recent onset, a more detailed evaluation, including selected laboratory tests to search for an underlying cause is necessary.

There are many causes..It may be physiological,pathological or drug induced.

It may be side effects of medication, such as anti-ulcer drugs or medication for heart disease, ..illegal drugs, such as cannabis or anabolic steroids may also cause.

Drinking too much alcohol may be the reason.

A health abnormality, such as kidney failure or liver disease is also responsible.

Klinefelter’s syndrome, a rare genetic disorder is associated with gynaecomastia.

Lumps or infection in the testicles can lead to gynaecomastia.

There may not be any cause..idiopathic.

Treatment depends on the cause: an offending drug may need to be withdrawn or alternatively radiation, surgery and/or medical therapy may be necessary.

The majority of patients with gynaecomastia require no treatment other than removal of the precipitating cause.

If it is drug-induced, it may regress if the offending medication is stopped.

Treatment of hyperthyroidism, correction of hypogonadism and surgical removal of testicular, adrenal or other causative tumours can also lead to regression.

The use of a combination of surgical excision and liposuction through a periareolar incision represents the surgical approach of choice.

Androgens, anti-oestrogens, aromatase inhibitors and danazol have all been used to treat gynaecomastia.

You are having thick areola and nipple...it is gynaecothelia.

You do not feel when you press and feel when you squeeze. It suggest that it the benign proliferation of breast tissues .i.e. ..gynaecomastia and not the breast cancer.

In breast cancer you can feel on pressing with palm..., so in your case clinically breast cancer is ruled out.

I hope you got my answer.

If you have any query, you can ask me.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD