Have kidney stones, CT Scan showed near UV juncture. Have not passed yet. Suggestion?

I have a3mm kidney stone. Ct showed it was at left uv juncture. That was 2 days ago. I have not passed it yet but I have had 1 very bad attack at night and then another one last night not as painful. How much longer will it be? I have been drinking tons of water.
Posted Tue, 3 Sep 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Alekhya 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be anywhere from hours to weeks.

Detailed Answer:
I have understood your problem and from the history you have provided I gave you that answer above.But you must keep in mind that it can only be possible if you take proper treatment. Usually after the first episode of pain stone passes with in 3-4 weeks. If that has not happened then that stone may be stuck somewhere in the middle and it even may cause infection so after that period have a CT scan done to know about the position of the stone. As the stone is at the UV junction you are having more pain. You can take ibuprofen if pain is more and you cannot tolerate.
Hope this answer is helpful.Follow-up questions are always welcome.