Have banged on head. Felt a sinus sort of feeling and headache. Looking for relief

Nov 2013

I banged my head on the eyebrow on a car door about 4 to 5 weeks really hurt but didnt seem to have a bump but eversince i have felt a sinus sort of feeling head pain in my forehead above the eyebrow.
Posted Tue, 30 Oct 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 31 minutes later
Thank you for contacting Healthcare magic.
First of all, let me reassure you that these symptoms do not suggest any serious problem.
The most likely cause can be a small hematoma (blood clot) underneath the skin, which gives rise to those feelings.
Also, the cutaneous nerves (nerves located in the skin) of the affected part would have got mildly injured to cause pain.
Most often, it heals in 6-12 weeks on its own.
However, if pain is bothering you, you could take analgesics such as diclofenac and ibuprofen.
There is no need to do a CT scan at this moment.
I hope it clarifies. Please get back if you have any more queries.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist