Applied anesthesia on lip to take out wart. Noticed swelling on lower lips. Will it be cured?

Hi my doctor applied anesthesia on my lip to take out a wart on it it's been three days and my lower lip is still puffy/enlarged - will the swelling go down? Should I be concerned? Your response is appreciated. Thanks
Posted Fri, 24 Aug 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

I want to reassure you that the swelling and inflammation of your lip will improve within the next 7 to 10 days.

It is not uncommon to have this type of response after a procedure such as that which you had it done. You might use some ibuprofen 400 mg every eight hours for the next couple of days to help with some of the swelling.

Thank you again for sending your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful. If you have additional concerns please let me know.

Dr. Robert