Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

pimple-like growth at the middle space of my buttocks

I have a pimple-like growth at the middle space of my buttocks. This is exactly at the end of my tail bone. earlier it was very small and will go off by itself, but now for the past one year it has been there and it varies in size in between. some days it looks small and some days large. whenever it becomes large in size it gives pain upon touching. what it is????
Asked On : Fri, 10 Sep 2010
Answers:  4 Views:  522
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response
Does it seem to have pus in it? If it does, this might be a sign of a cyst. You should go to the doctor and have it checked in case because if it is a cyst, you will have to get surgery before it worsens.
Answered: Thu, 16 Sep 2010
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome.It looks like a pilonidal sinus.Consult a surgeon and if he confirms it then get it operated as it has no other cure.Good luck.
Answered: Sun, 2 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
If it's boil-like it could be a genetic skin disease called Hidradenitis Suppurativa, but if you don't get them anywhere else, it probably isn't.
Answered: Tue, 16 Nov 2010
  User's Response
Could be a Pilonidal Cyst. Those you get on the tailbone or "Crack" of your buttock, very painful...Had one removed twice.
Answered: Thu, 23 Dec 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor