Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

lump on pubic bone, repeated ruptures with bleeding, white string like thing inside. What could this be?

My daughter has a small lump on her pubic bone area that has now grown larger and ruptured. There was blood and a white stringlike piece still attached inside. It closed and then repeatedly ruptures when she is showering, or it rubs. It isn t a boil . It was just a hard bump. Not red. Any idea what this is and how to cure it?
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  81
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
The lump may be sebaceous cyst. It recurs again and again.
The best way is to get it enucleated along with the epithelial layer, so that its recurrence can be prevented.
For this you need to visit a dermatologist or a surgeon.
Dr. Ajit Singh Kulhari
MD - Skin & VD
Answered: Mon, 5 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor