Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
152 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Four Year Old Had Bloody Poop, Please Help

My four year Oldsmobile bowels are very bloody dark and water turns red.
Fri, 4 Mar 2011
Report Abuse
  User's Response
's  Response
Sorry meant four year olds
  Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response
Oh..I thought your kid was named Oldsmobile. Mine are named Ford, Dodge and Edsel. We lost little Winnebago in the trailer fire. Took a while to get over that one.
General & Family Physician Dr. Namitha's  Response
Hi Enrick,
Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum. If the stools are bloody I would suggest you to do a stool test. This will help in analysing if the blood passed if fresh from the anal area. You will need to take your kid to a doctor at the earliest. Blood in stool can also occur due to infections, and he may require some antibiotics. Take care
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

Recent questions on Stool test

Loading Online Doctors....
Four Year Old Had Bloody Poop, Please Help

Sorry meant four year olds