fasting before a hypertension blood test?

how long before having a hypertension blood test do you need to fast
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
's  Response
Yes, no food after 8pm the previous evening.

Hello i am 22 years old have been told i have high blood pressure before i don t take medications for it some time my heart hurts and starts beating fast what i do have all the time is dizziness and i lose balance easily i am overweight height is 6ft 0in i weigh in at 249 lbs

I am 37ys old,height 173cms and weight 83kgs.I am a hypertension Patient for past 2yrs taking betaloc 25mg two a day.Last week i had bp problem and got test done as my BP was 170/100. The results were: In lipid profile S cholestrol has come 206(where desirable value has to be 200).Fasting blood glucose has come 129 and PP has come 179. Fasting and PP urine glucose is nil.Now the doctor has given Nebistar H 1tab in the morning. Gluformin xl 500mg 2tab a day and Zosecta 20mg 2tabs a day before food. I want to know is it a matter to be worried about? Will I get good results as my doctor has said the weight will also reduce by this. I have poly cyst ovaries also . THANK U

hii dr.shehzad my mom is hypertensive and diabetic with her fbs-110 mg/dl n ppbs - 146 mg/dl a week ago .. some times she complaints of head n neck pain her bp 3 days back was 140/90 with enalapril 5mg n shez on metformin 1gm twice before break fast n before dinner.. she some times skips the night antidiabetic tab .. so please suggest on her head ache n neck pain wat is the ideal antihypertensive for her?

Recent questions on  Blood test

Dear Sir,

My mother has been suffering from Kidney disease. She never had any problem with BP or Blood Sugar but he has been declared to have bilateral renal parenchyma disease since 2005.

She is taking a calculated diet limiting the salt content in the food to 3 gm/day. The recent blood test conducted (2 months back) has reported bad results and the details are listed below:-

Creatinine - 7.5

Hemoglobin - 8.1

Blood Sugar (Fasting) 88 mg/DL

Urea - 150

Sodium - 131

Potassium - 4.2

What should be the next step? Is kidney transplantation the only choice? When/where should it be done? Is it getting very worse or we still have some time to go for the transplantation?

Please help.

Thanks, Kunal

Hello, about 13 days ago I drank alot of alcochol and I have been dizzy with a slight headache since then. I have been to the doctor he said it is probably liver intoxication, that it will go away, that was a week ago. I did a bunch of blood tests everything seems normal accept my hep B anti hps was 93. This happened about 2 months ago as well, the doc gave me, b6 dramin (portuguese), which I took for a week and the dizzyness went away. Any clue what it could be? Is this normal because of alcohol consumption? I have drank alot in the past years, never had this happen before.

hi, i am 23 yr old female.. i have lot of hairloss problem.. when i went for test i got a very low ferritin level- 21 ng/ml and iron serum - 38..the doctor told me it AGA..doctor prescribed me to take fefol z and foliglo.. i have been taking these medicines for three months, but it doesnt seem to help my hairloss problem.. nearly i am loosing 150 strands a day.. plz help me with the solution and also for how many months i should continue to take those capsules???

Hi doctor, I am paromita. I have hypothyroidism problem and taking eltroxin 100 mg. I am suffering hair falls problem from last two years. 8 months back I checked my iron, it was good but serrum ferritin level was 17 . so I was taking fefolz and after 4 month ferritin lebel increased to 36. Then I stopped my medicine and now again my serrum ferritin lebel is 23. my hair falls has increased. So what should I do now ? How long I should take iron tablet?

I am having sinus pressure and I recently had pneumonia . I do use salt water rinse. Today I kept falling asleep. I got up and ate dinner but tonight I am again fighting to stay awake. I saw my Doctor yesterday, she did a blood test . Thank you, XXXX

My ESR Test Result: 30mm/hr in 1st hour and 2nd hour 60mm/hr why it’s come like can you please explain. Last 2 weeks on word i ma getting itching .what the reason The doctor has started working on your question. Once the doctor submits the answer,...

I have pain in my upper right hand side of my chest, feel sick after eating, and get really hungry, and thirsty. Could this indicate esophageal cancer or gallbladder problems?