Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

enlarged prostate

I have recently experienced very weak flow and meagre volume of urine. I take atenolol 50 mg once a day and hctz12.5mg once a day.I understand that medicine for bph lowers bp are there any other medicines that i can take that will not lower bp too much and treat my enlarged PROSTATE. I have no discomfort or pain while urinating neither the urge at night.Ihave been diagnosed with bph grade ii but am not taking any medicine for it.
Asked On : Tue, 17 Aug 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  1410
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
It is true that a medicine for prostate may affect BP. But medicine like Tamsulosin, which comes under various brands, has a negligibkle effect on BP. However, you need to be thorougly evaluated since in condition of poor flow, you may be a candidate for surgery for prostate.
Take care
Answered: Fri, 2 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Abhishek Agrawal's  Response
newer medicines have lowest effects on bp and at the same takes care of bph quiet well....
you can take tab alfoo 10 mg once daily..........
Answered: Thu, 29 Dec 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor