• question-icon

enlarged prostate

I have recently experienced very weak flow and meagre volume of urine. I take atenolol 50 mg once a day and hctz12.5mg once a day.I understand that medicine for bph lowers bp are there any other medicines that i can take that will not lower bp too much and treat my enlarged PROSTATE. I have no discomfort or pain while urinating neither the urge at night.Ihave been diagnosed with bph grade ii but am not taking any medicine for it.
Thu, 29 Dec 2011
Hi
welcome to healthcaremagic
It is true that a medicine for prostate may affect BP. But medicine like Tamsulosin, which comes under various brands, has a negligibkle effect on BP. However, you need to be thorougly evaluated since in condition of poor flow, you may be a candidate for surgery for prostate.
General Surgeon Dr. Abhishek Agrawal's  Response
hi.......
newer medicines have lowest effects on bp and at the same takes care of bph quiet well....
you can take tab alfoo 10 mg once daily..........