Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Wrist injury due to jerk, wear brace, persisting pain on moving, cracks loudly. Remedy?

I hurt my wrist blocking a ball in field hockey and it jerked my wrist back. I ice it everyday and I wear a brace on it. This happened 3-4 weeks ago and still hurts to move my wrist in any direction. It hurts to pick stuff up and when I move it up it cracks loudly and is painful. What should I do and what could be wrong with it?
Asked On : Thu, 25 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  114
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Sammi and thanks for the query
You must go for X-ray of your wrist immediately and rule out any type of fracture. In think you got a fracture of carpel bones.
Support you wrist with some board or wipe crepe bandage on it.
Restrict all type of movements of your wrist.
Keep the forearm elevated.
Wear a armpouch sling.
Take analgesic and anti-inflammatory drugs to reduce pain and swelling.
Do not massage it.

Hope this will help you.
Best Wishes
Answered: Thu, 25 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor