Suggest treatment for pain in the distal side of the foot after injury
I went for a trek**
It's been a day and it doesn't seem to be a fracture. Is it a rear r just a sprain?
Can be a tear or sprain.
Thanks for posting your query.
Since there is minimal pain on weight bearing and walking, a bone injury is not likely in this case. The mild discomfort and the internal pain that you are feeling is likely to be due to a mild soft tissue injury in the area-can be a tear or sprain. Only an MRI scan can confirm.
You can help the improvement by-
1. Avoid any strenuous exercises, lifting weights, climbing stairs, cycling, etc.
2. Take a mild pain killer like acetaminophen every 8 hourly.
3. Do a hot fomentation in the area twice daily.
4. You can apply a local analgesic gel like Volini also.
5. Use an elastic bandage for better support while walking.
Do consult an Orthopedician for a physical examination and stronger prescription medicines in case there is swelling, persistent pain and difficulty in walking.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the treatment for painful foot after injury
- Treatment for buttock pain after injury
- Suggest treatment for body pain after an injury
- Treatment for pain swallowing after injury
- Suggest treatment for shoulder pain after an injury
- Suggest treatment for pain around eye after an injury
- Suggest treatment for foot injury in a baby
- Suggest treatment for left sided rib pain after an injury
- Suggest treatment for pain in tailbone after an injury
- Pain in the rib after an injury treatment