Would stopping geodon & effexor cold turkey and taking abilify & pristiq cause any side effect?

My mother has been taking geodon and Effexor for several years for fibromyalgia and pain. Dr. Changed prescription to ability and pristiq with no weaning off error/geodon just stopping them cold turkey and starting new drugs the following morning? Is this normal practice or should we be looking out for withdrawal symptoms or interactions of any kind?
Mon, 28 Jan 2019

Typically with these medications, particularly the Effexor, we have people wean off the old medication (such as halving the dose) while taking half of the new medication. So this is not the usual way to do it. I recommend calling the doctor to discuss this.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh, General & Family Physician