Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Willing to conceive. No periods for years. Have empty sella, Hashimoto's thyroiditis. Can I get pregnant?

yes hi i would like to try and conceive a baby im 32 and have not had a period for roughly 3 years ive had blood tests and all hormones r low also i have empty sella syndrome \ hypopituaratism cant spell it , hashimotos\ thyroid , will it just b a case of me taking something like clomid or will i not be able to have a viable pregnancy in ur opinion? thank you
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  81
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
With hypopituitarism and empty sella syndrome, it is next to impossible for you to conceive naturally.
You would do better to consult an IVF practitioner, and go for IVF at the earliest.
Hashimoto's thyroiditis also complicates your conception .
Even in case you conceive, you will require intensive hormonal therapy for pregnancy continuation.
Please go for IVf , as you are 32, and chances will be good for you with that modality.
Take care
Answered: Sun, 17 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor