Will working on the computer for long hours worsen Myopia ?

I am having myopia in one eye and using specs and I work on the computer for long hours as I am doing a project. Will this worsen my myopia?
Fri, 13 Jan 2012
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,   ,   ,   ,  

Welcome to Healthcare Magic forum.

Yes, there are chances of increasing in power of your spectacles as you are working on a system continuously.

You can follow these measures while working:
1. Blink your eye oftenly while working on system as this will create a shield of tears which will help in reducing the stress on the eye.
2. Keep changing your view away from the monitor as frequently as possible.
3. Get your eye power investigated once in 6 months to a year.

Hope this answers your query.

Wish you a good health.

General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi Nambid, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
It is called Visual Display Terminal (VDT) Usage. Except Transient, fatigue induced changes in accommodation, Continuous usage of VDTs is not known to cause significant increase in the risk of myopia onset or it's progression.
You should be wearing your Glasses regularly and go for regular follow up to your Ophthalmologist.

Wish you Good Health. Good Luck.
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
HI
CVS-computer vision syndrome not suppose to worse myopia.
omputer vision syndrome (CVS) is a temporary condition resulting from focusing the eyes on a computer display for protracted, uninterrupted periods of time.
Some symptoms of CVS include headaches, blurred vision, neck pain, redness in the eyes, fatigue, eye strain, dry, irritated eyes, double vision, polyopia, and difficulty refocusing the eyes.
These symptoms can be further aggravated by improper lighting conditions (ie. bright overhead lighting or glare) or air moving past the eyes (e.g. overhead vents, direct air from a fan).
so i advise u to
-wesr ur spects regularly
-frequent wash ur eye with cold water.
-work in proper light environment