Why isn't OGTT prescribed instead of beating around the bush initially When FBS/PPBS is high on 2 repeat tests ?

Why isn't OGTT prescribed instead of beating around the bush initially When FBS/PPBS is high on 2 repeat tests why isn t OGTT recommended as next step instead of going through those sequential stuff. HBA1C one can get from Accucheck site even by feeding in the avg blood sugar readings so why does one need a HbA1C test? Now please don t discount Accucheck as somethng nonsense. If one hasn t got HBA1C then doctors say get HbA1C, if one has HBA1C then doctors say go for OGTT. Really ridiculous. Does money come free or is it that Path Labs pay commissions/kickbacks to referring doctors?
Fri, 20 Jan 2012