Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Which medicine should be applied for scaling on the glans and what precautions should be taken ?

Infection on glans under the foreskin of penis, some white peeling has started, i suspect the use of dove soap sometimes while taking bath. Not sure if this is due to dryness or some infection. Please suggest if the antibiotic ointment Neosprin is helpful and also how to apply, should i pull the foreskin of penis and wash it with water and then dry it with cloth and then apply this ointment Hello I would like to bring into your notice that after applying Abzorb on the inner foreskin of penis, the dried up layer of the skin has shed down and a new skin has come up, but even the new skin very sensitive to touch and peels off wherever touched. Please suggest if its normal and the skin will become strong in sometime or is it still a problem. Also now I wash under the inner foreskin with warm water about 2-3 times a day and let it dry before rolling it down to cover the glans. Please suggest if I should use any ointment like Betadine OR Lotrimin before rolling down the skin after cleaning and drying.
Asked On : Wed, 7 Mar 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  271
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response

Thanks for choosing HCM..,

I gone through Ur history...,

U have infected by FUNGUS...called....CANDIDAL BALANOPOSTHITIS..,

It is dimrophic fungi...caused by sexual contact with infected women (Moniliasis).,

Now follow...,

1) Frequent washes with SALT water washing...,

2) MICOBACT cream.contains Clotrimazole, Beclomethasone and Gentamycin..,

only night times....

3) Tab Fluconazole 150 mg weekly once for 6 weeks..,

4) Tab..Ofloxacin and Ornidazole 2 times daily for 3 days...

ok good luck...and after treatment follow up..,ok good lcuk..,

Answered: Fri, 9 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Well dear, thanks for to seek of experts advice and after reviewing your problems related with of your genitals i am of the opinion that you might have contacted fungus and good Hygiene is needed and seek some good remedial measure is also needed for to recover and wish you good luck for to enjoy life stress free.

Neuro-Psychiatrist, Sex Spl. & Homeopath too………..

Answered: Thu, 8 Mar 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor