What would happen if the nervous system stopped working?

I m writing an assignment for school and i would like to know what would actually happen if our nervous stopped working completly? would you die?
Sun, 20 Mar 2011
Medical Topics ,  
Hello.
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
Nervous system is divided into many parts- central, peripheral, etc. If peripheral nervous system stops working, there is paralysis. If central nervous system stops working, there is coma. Person dies when heart fails and not brain.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Mohan Kumar's  Response
dear friend,
yes you would die. because brain is the controller of all activities of the body. when your nervous system does not work, there are no impulses going to the heart so the heart stops beating. when that happens, there is no circulation. and the respiratory system is also paralyzed. so no breathing.