Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

What ways can HIV test be done ?

i am 24 yrs old female my weight is 52 i never had major illness as such before .around 4 months ago i had unprotected sex with a man .kindly please tell me a very precise test for hiv infection.
Asked On : Tue, 30 Aug 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  180
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Do you have any health problems, any weight loss, tiredness, cough, loose stools etc. You can get ELISA test done now to look for HIV infection. For confirmation you can do Western Blot after that. Use condoms to prevent STDs.
Answered: Tue, 30 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
HIV AIDS Specialist Dr. (Prof). Ram's  Response
Answered: Sat, 21 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
welcome to hcm
thanks for the query
HIV Tridot is a simple and rapid screening test for HIV/AIDS
you can ask it in any hospital.
but the commonest test is ELISA
since tridot test is rapid, it is used for screening
The results of any screening test (ELISA / Rapid / Spot) are only presumptive and should not be reported without being validated by a supplemental test.
take care
Answered: Tue, 30 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor