Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

What treatment should be taken for bloating and constipation ?

Hello, I am looking for the name of a condition my mother was diagnosed with. She has constant bloating and constipation . Her doctor recommend that she take fibercon, align, and to avoid seeds. Her colonoscopy came back ok. She thinks the condition starts with, or sounds like, fibr of the colon. What could this be? Thanks!
Asked On : Thu, 5 May 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  133
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General Surgeon 's  Response
Answered: Mon, 4 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Prahlad S. Patki's  Response
Dagnosis is always a mystery till diagnosis is made. Your mother , probably has Dyspepsia . She will need a formulation containing Rabeprazole ( acid decreasing agent ) and a gastric movement enhancer like Domperidon. Rabemac DSR is one such formulation. Your local chemist may suggest some preparation similar to this. It needs to be taken once a day for one week. Spicy food and oily food needs to be avoided. Report back.
Answered: Mon, 4 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
Your mother has flatulence dyspepsia. Due to weak peristalsis she has such problem. To enhance the peristalsis movement fiber diet is most. Drink plenty of water, avoid oilly spiecy food and take Nux vom 30 (a homoeopathic medicine) 2 drops daily at night.
Answered: Thu, 5 May 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor