What does my CAT scan report indicate?
I think my options now are quite limited.Because chemotheraphy was not administered post operative I have seven small tumors that showed up on a cat scan after three months.
I have an appointment next week with a very well known radiologist however I have been told with the BRAF gene even if he could remove all seven lesions the microspotic tumors will come back.If true this leaves me with two options.
At XXXXXXX Kettering a heptacic artery infusion pump.or a trial runing for BRAF colorectal cancer patients.
The old school oncologist says take the trial.Jophn XXXXXXX was torn betweeen the two but thinks the infusion pump may be better.
The University of XXXXXXX initially said the pump but after review by the tumor board suggested the trial.
The cat scan really came as a shock as I have never felt better,I have a great appetite,energy and standard bowel movements.
I am not quite sure which rioute to take,I would love to try radiation if it were possible for it to work
See my opinion
I don't think that postoperative chemotherapy would have prevent liver recurrence,since this was initially metastatic tumor in stage4 and even radical surgical resection can't remove micrometastases in liver when these are present. In this case ,there are diffuse secondarisms in liver and in my opinion,if you are fit enough, best treatment would be intrartial pump which deliver chemotherapeutics directly into liver. Trials may sound good but kn liver malignancy there is no improvement with systemic chemotherapy in last 20 years. radiotherapy is worse option since these are not radiosensitive tumors. Regards my friend
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cat scan brain activity
- Cat scan of schwannoma tumors
- Abnormal neck cat scan
- What are the findings of the cat scan results
- Neonatal abdomanal cat scan
- Detox after cat scan
- Abnormal ekg now doctor order cat scan, what will a cat scan do
- What does my cat scan mean
- Chemical imbalance cat scan
- Will a cat scan harm sperm
- What causes a lump on the breast?
- What causes constant phlegm in the throat?
- What causes orange oily bowel movements?
- Is Azithromycin better than Cipro?
- Suggest remedies for profuse sweating in the middle of the night
- Suggest treatment for sinus congestion and drainage to the throat
- Suggest treatment for postherpetic neuralgia symptoms
- Suggest ways to manage the side effects of Eliquis
- Can Bupropion be taken with Cymbalta, Flexeral and Gabapentin while...
- Can Eliquis be taken while on Warfarin?