Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

What treatment should be given to my child having deformities with her toes ?

While pregnant my kid put her feet I think in the placenta and her toes did not grow properly, she has not bone in some toes and not nails. She has the 5 toes, however they are kind of deform, still they are growing with her feet but they are not normal. What can we do to help her?
Asked On : Mon, 13 Jun 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  91
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
You need to consult a Plastic surgeon to diagnose the condition and find proper solution. Feed her well. Keep her well hydrated and healthy. It could have been caused due to low fluid in your uterus or some amniotic bands. If it is CTEV, she will require proper brace application as well.
Answered: Thu, 30 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Jitender Chauhan's  Response
Hello, welcome to healthcaremagic. Your child is having some genetic problem. You should visit your pediarician for further assesment and correction if any required. Wish your child god health.
Answered: Thu, 30 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Anand Babu M's  Response
Hi welcome to HealthcareMagic

Since the child is suffering from the congenital deformity of toes, it is necessary the child is need to be clinically evaluated.... The treatment depends on the condition of deformity, some like CTEV(congenital talipes Eqino Varus) are corrected by, splint and shoes... for some of the condition surgical correction is the only, treatment available... hence consult orthopedician, they will guide the different mode of treatment.... Hope i have answered your question...

thank you..
Answered: Thu, 30 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor