question-icon

What Do The Attached CT Scan Pictures Indicate?

Posted on Wed, 8 Nov 2017
Question: CT Scan of Paranasal sinuses says " Large polypoid soft tissue is seen in the left maxillary sinus along its floor. Mild mucosal thickening is seen in both ethmoid air cells and minimal in the frontal sinuses. The sphenoid sinuses are clear. Minimal mucosal thickening is seen along the left maxillary infundibulum, otherwise both osteomeatal units are patent. Bilateral Haller air cells are seen. Nasal Septum shows S-Shaped deformity, with deviation to the left posteriorly, with a bony spur.

Is my scan result normal? What does it indicate?
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal (4 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Seems like Chronic sinusitis

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query,

I've reviewed them and the CT scan picture shows sinus mucosal hypertrophy i.e. the paranasal sinuses are infected. There is deviation of the nasal septum. You should get a sinus surgery done to get relieved of the nasal symptoms.

A nasal spray can help with your symptoms but a surgery is definitely recommended for permanent relief.

Any further questions are always welcome.

Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist