What causes lightheadedness along with headache?

Dr. Neeraj Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in Headache and Migraines
Question: Hello I hope you can help me out I am a 45 yr old women I am presenting with light headed XXXXXXX yet it feels full.. I went to bed with a slight headache and when I woke up the headache is gone as I took Tylenol but the lightheaded XXXXXXX remains I had my physical done already this year in May all normal my blood pressure is good had it recently checked I do suffer from chronic sinusitis and usually I do get light headed when this happens ... what do u suggest
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take treatment and precautions as advised

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
The headache seems to be migraine.
Lightheadedness with headache can occur with migraine.
For episodic headaches, pain killer is sufficient when required.
Life style modifications like timely food and sleep.
Avoid fasting, excessive tea or coffee or chocolate.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further queries.
Dr N Kumar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Neeraj Kumar 1 hour later
Hi thank you I didn’t realized that lightheadedness is a symptom of migraines which I also suffer from good to know so should I then take perhaps Advil or stick with
I am sensitive to light as well and sometimes I get an aura before is this common to get the lightheaded
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Yes, Lightheadedness is a well known feature of migraine.
You should take advil when required.
Follow precautions as advised earlier.
Wishing you good health and early recovery.
Dr N Kumar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Neeraj Kumar 2 hours later
Hello thank you what precaustions
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Precautions as advised

Detailed Answer:
Precautions like timely intake of breakfast and lunch, avoiding excessive tea and coffee.
Avoiding excessive sunlight or humid conditions.
Dr N Kumar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana