Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

What treatment should I take for hair fall ?

Today I read many articles on female androgenic alopecia and it seems like- THIS IS WHAT I HAVE!! I lost my hairs when I was 15 (I am 20 yr old now). The loss was in central part of my head sparing the frontal hairline. My hairs have stopped falling since 2-3 years but I never got thick hairs back. My scalp is considerably visible. I also have many small hairs on the central scalp. I also had minor acne problem in my teens. My periods went irregular at about 9-10 occasions since puberty (with 2-3 months gap!) I Have 2 questions bothering me... plz answer them.. 1. Can I loose more hairs in future due to this syndrome?? How to prevent it? 2. Can I wait for some more years without treating it or should it be started immediately? NOTE- When my hairfall started, I took cover it lotion ... I think it was minoxidil. But I didn t apply it regularly. At present, I am not having any medicine for hairs.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi dear,
AGA in females has slow course and relatively better prognosis but you can loose more hairs.
Cover it is minoxidil .you can use minoxidil with consultation of your dermatologist.
can use biotin and antioxidant tablets for supplement.
Mild topical steroids can be used for your stage.
Dont wait for treatment.

Take care.
Answered: Mon, 4 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor