Suggest treatment for seborrhoeic dermatitis along with androgenetic alopecia
I am writing this to my previous interaction with you sometime before.
I contacted you with regards to the problem to my hair, I had bald patches all over my head and later you have given me an answer.
your last answer
"I have reviewed the attached photographs and it seems to be seborrhoeic dermatitis with Androgenetic alopecia. 15 days is too less a time to witness hair growth. Hair regrowth starts after 6-8 weeks of starting medicines.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to use ketoconazole salicylic acid combination shampoo like kenz sal lotion twice weekly as a shampoo, apply minoxidil 5 percent lotion on the bald area of the scalp twice daily and take hair supplements like tablet androanagen once daily.
Besides this take tablet levocetrizine 5 mg once daily at bedtime if itching is persisting.
These need to be continued for atleast 2-3 months to see significant results."
However, I tried using the medication and I see some change in hair growth in those bald patches but recently in past 15 days, I had a close hair cut and I observe the bald patches hve reappeared and they actually agrevvated.
So I started using medication as below
Mintop 10% lotion
androanagen tablet daily once
Kenz sal lotion shampoo every week
alpecin caffeine shampo as daily wash
These I have started using from ast 4 days and I attaching pictures of my current hair condition, please suggest if there should be any change in this medication or any other precaution or re examine the scalp and further suggest. There is mild to severe itching persisting sometime in some areas top of my head
Take tablet finasteride
I have gone through your complaints and reviewed the newly attached photographs.
I can appreciate decreased density of hair on the scalp.
It is common to have increased hair loss after starting minoxidil.
It will settle in few days.
You can continue with the medicines prescribed to you.
Besides this I would recommend you to to take tablet finasteride 1 mg once daily with the above mentioned medicines as it will hasten the hair growth.
For itching you can take tablet levocetrizine 5 mg whenever required.
Please let me know how long should I use these? Is androanagen tablet and finasteride 1 mg combinely should be taken? After using minoxidil, the scalp has become extremely dry, so is this abnormal?
so what is the exact problem of mine, Is this scalp ring worm or anything else? I see pink color scaly patches in those bald areas
medicines for 5-6 months, finasteride & andranagen can be taken together
You need to use these medicines for atleast 5-6 months.
Yes you can take both androanagen tablets and finasteride tablets together.
It is normal for scalp to become dry after using minoxidil.
You are having androgenetic alopecia which is a male pattern baldness due to hormonal changes along with seborrhoeic dermatitis which is basically related to fungal and immune changes.
It is not ringworm infection.
I will follow up with my state after a month
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Psychosomatic androgenetic alopecia
- Monistat androgenetic alopecia
- Masturbating and androgenetic alopecia symptoms
- Androgenetic alopecia keraglo forte
- Treatment for androgenetic alopecia
- Androgenetic alopecia and ayurveda
- Suggest treatment for androgenetic alopecia
- Suggest treatment for androgenetic alopecia and acne vulgaris
- Treatment and cure for Seborrhoeic dermatitis
- Suggest treatment for hair loss due to androgenetic alopecia
- What are the symptoms of scabies?
- Suggest treatment for superficial folliculitis on inner thigh
- Suggest treatment for graying of hair and hair loss
- What causes red colored lesion on the hips?
- Suggest treatment for dry lips
- Suggest treatment for recurrent acne
- Suggest treatment for itching in the armpits
- What causes tiny skin tags in neck area?
- How to get rid of body lice?
- Suggest treatment for itching on neck, hands and legs