Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

What treatment should I take for blood and pus filled swollen earlobe with fever ?

Hi. I have swollen earlobe filled with blood and pus . And my earlobe is painful when I put pressure on it. It has been there for more than two weeks. And I have been consistently having fever which I don t realize is caused by the infected earlobe. But I managed to realize that my fever is due to the infected ear lobe and I am taking antibiotics now. My question are: a) can it be dangerous for leaving it for two weeks? b) Is the infection might have infected other part of of my ear in these two weeks? Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 2 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  745
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
hi moganesh
welcome to healthcaremagic

the cellulitis / infection of your earlobe would definitely subside with the antibiotics and other medications which are being prescribed to you now.
regarding the danger of not taking medications keeps decreasing as your drug starts working.
regarding the spread of infection - you would DEFINITELY stated having other symptoms as well, hence not to worry
an ENT consult should allay all your fears

Answered: Mon, 2 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Kamal Kishore Bandil's  Response
Leave whatever gone and focus on your treatment under docotr guidence.
Answered: Mon, 2 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor