Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

What treatment is there for hearing problem ?

i am 54 years old female, i am hard of hearing. pl advise med or should start using some hearing aid
Asked On : Fri, 26 Aug 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  116
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
  User's Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum
Gradual haring loss needs detail examination. to start any medicine first thing to make out is the cause of deafness. there are few types of this dz ie. conductive deafness, etc. others i dont remember but its not possible to help you here. please consult a ENT surgeon and investigate yourself. once the diagnosis is clear you can be greatly helped. now hearing aids are latest and more efficient.
I hope I answered your query. Wish you good health.
Answered: Fri, 26 Aug 2011
Nephrologist Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha's  Response
Thanks for the query
There are two types of hearing loss. Conductive and sensorineural, only the latter type requires hearing aid. I suggest you undergo audiometery to tell from the two so that u don't unnecessarily invest in a hearing aid
Have a healthy living
Answered: Fri, 26 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Chirag Soni's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
You have to consult EnT specialist to diagnose type of hearing loss.
Audiogram is must to judge the level of deafness than go for hearing aid under your doctor's guidance.

Answered: Fri, 26 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Anesthesiologist Dr. Shivakumar. M. C.'s  Response
At your age otosclerosis may be the cause of hearing loss, to confirm the cause of hearing loss consult ENT surgeon and get yourself audiometry done, if cause is otosclerosis both medical and surgical treatement are available based on severity.
if it is due to age related hearing loss hearing aid is the option.
good luck
Answered: Fri, 26 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor