Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

What treatment is there for baldness ?

pls can get a cure for baldness because it s causing me a lot of embarrassment and affecting me psychologically. i am 29 years old,1.58metres tall and weighing 57kg
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  67
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum
you need to consult dermatologist or plastic surgeon
treatment depend upon the cause and its severity
in your age group heredity ,hormones and stress is main factor .
if extensive hair loss is there than surgical treatment is advisable like hair transplant ,weaving ,bonding etc
if not too much hair loss is there and still it is active ,medical treatment is effective
you need to be patience as it may take several month to get result
minoxidil and aminexil give good result
while tab finasteride also effective
you need to avoid smoking ,stress ,alcohol
eat healthy diet rich in protein
I hope I have answered your question
Answered: Thu, 21 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Jitender Chauhan's  Response
Hello, welcome to HCM. In case you have already lost majority of your hair the only cure available is hair transplant. But in case you still have good amount of hairs left on scalp you can use a drug minoxidil which reduces hairfall. For further evaluation visit a trichologist. Wish you good health.
Answered: Thu, 21 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor