What treatment can be done for white patches on my lips ?

hello Dr. i have white patches both side on lips. so i want treatment immediatly. now i am in chennai. where i get treatment
Sun, 22 May 2011
Hi!venkat,
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum,

venkat ,treatment of lip vitiligo is difficult,but not impossible.Treatment depends upon whether the patches are spreading(active) or are they stable(inactive).If they are spreading then you need to stop the spread by taking oral steroids and immuno-modulators.Along with this you can take some photo sensitizers like melanocyl to give it color.
Once the patches are stable say for more than 6 months ,then you can go for surgery called BLISTER ROOF GRAFTING.
This is a very specialized surgery where in a blister is created on the abdomen and this thin skin is grafted over the lips ,after dermabrassion of lip skin. This gives good result .You can see details in my web site www.skinhairclinic.com.(vitiligo section).

I hope this answers your question,if you have any further question ,you can write back to us.
.
regards,
Dr.chawda