Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

What treatment can be done for epileptic fit ?

How do you deal with someone who is having an epileptic fit? please reply back....Thanks in advance...
Asked On : Sun, 16 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  81
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Loosen any clothing, ties or scarves that are around the person's neck. Cushion his head and roll his body onto its side to prohibit choking.Allow the person's body to move and do not try to stop the epileptic seizure Remove all sharp objects from the area to prevent the person having the seizure from hitting them.Do not touch the person's mouth or put anything in it, including water or medicine but try to put something soft like handkerchief or soft pad between his teeth to avoid tongue bite.Check his respiration and if seizure prolongs shift the patient to a hospital.
Answered: Sun, 21 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor